Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Squirrel Jerks!


One of my favorite times of the year is going to the greenhouse with CJ to pick out flowers for the porch.  This year was no exception.  We went last week and picked out exactly what we wanted, got home and planted like crazy and then were thrilled with the results...

Until those squirrel jerks came and ate most of my flowers.  


As you can see, the bottom pots look like they have been massacured, which they have.  Those squirrel jerks have chewed holes in the fencing we put in this spring to keep the cats in.  I have had my revenge, however.  I got online yesterday and found a few "home remedies" which I have been experimenting with.  The first site said that squirrels hate animal smells or strong food smells, so I poured garlic salt and pepper flakes all over the soil so they wouldn't dig the plants up, or if they did, their paws  would smell like sh**.  I then found a site which recommended hot sauce.  I made my own little mixture of Tabasco, dish soap and water and sprayed it all over the plants.   Now, I know this sounds extreme and the plants may end up dying in the end from all the chaos, but today, we remained squirrel free.  And the squirrels can't take that away from me!!!!  

No comments: